Session 4 Game Production

Summary

Have 3D models in the game to improve the aesthetics of the game, I made different 3D models such as the walls, key, door frame, ceiling, and floor. All of this was possible by learning how to use the app blender.

21st Century Skills

I Communicate with my team to know how they were doing with their tasks, we used Trello to have a list of the future ideas we will like to work on for the game and a list of the ideas that are in progress and who is working on that, we ended up having a very messy game because all the changes needed took to long but we were fine with it because we had to solve many problems that helped us improve our way of working.

The Game

Reactions to the Final Version

“The art looks good, but you need to put everything together so the game does not look like is broken or poorly developed” (Terra). Sadly we could not show our latest version of the game, so the game did not satisfy anyone because it seemed poorly developed, but now I know what to do next, so the game doesn’t leave the audience with a feeling of disappointment.

Evaluation of the Final Version

A simple Maze Game where the player will have to find the 3 keys to unlock the exit but watch out because at the beginning of the game there will be one monster that will chase you down but once you get the 3rd key another monster will show up.

What I Learned and Problems I Solved

I learn how to make 3D models and how to add them to the game. there are multiples problems I solved in the main menu of the game, some of them had to do with the background of the menu and make sure the buttons worked correctly.